A Sin Worth Committing

Water marbling, first attempt

>> Thursday, January 29, 2009

Today I finally got the water marbling technique right and I was able to do all my nails using it.

Here's my masterpiece:



Sadly all of the nails weren't that excellent. If you must see, here are all of my nails:




As you can see I tried out some different styles and techniques. The polishes that I used were Maybelline's French White and China Glaze's Rich and famous. After I had finished with my marbling and cleaned my fingers (there was plenty of polish to wipe off!) I used one coat of Anytime's Sparkling fizz to add a little sparkle.

If you want to learn about water marbling just type it to the Youtube and you will find many informative videos.

6 comments:

Brooke January 30, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

I think you did an awesome job with this! It looks like peppermint candies the way it swirled on your nails :)

Virve January 30, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

Thank you, Brooke. It really does look like those, didn't notice at first. :)

Amabile February 1, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

Tosi kivat! Täytyisi joskus kokeilla tuotakin, oliko kovin sotkuista puuhaa?

Virve February 1, 2009 at 10:57 PM  

Amabile: Oli kyllä ikävän sotkuista dipata sormia veteen. Lakkaa oli ympäriinsä lopuksi. Vinkkinä marmorointia kokeileville: Kannattaa teipata esim. maalarinteipillä sormet kynsirajasta muutama sentti alaspäin, jolloin sotkuja on helpompi siivota. Senkun ottaavan teipit pois ja siistii sormien kärjet. Muuten on paaaljon siistittävää. :)

NailsIT February 7, 2009 at 6:17 PM  

I love this! I don't know why you think they don't look good. To me there is continuity when they are viewed together :o)

Thank you for sharing ;o)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP